Please ensure you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions.
By submitting a booking request to Acer Gundog Training Limited you are deemed to have read, understood and accepted them.
General Terms & Conditions
- All dogs must be vaccinated/up to date with their inoculations for distemper, hepatitis, leptospirosis, parvo virus and parvo influenza. Dogs should also be up to date with anti-flea and anti-wormers. We also recommend you speak to your vet about vaccinating for Kennel Cough. Proof of current vaccinations must be supplied before your first training session. You are also kindly asked to provide this on renewal of vaccinations once a year.
- Lifetime Pet Insurance is highly recommended. Owners are responsible for all vet bills, no matter how they are incurred.
- We accept no responsibility for loss of, or injury to, your dog whilst training with us.
- All dogs must be kept on a lead unless otherwise instructed.
- All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied at all times by an adult. If the adult needs to leave the training area for any reason, all children and the dog must accompany them. Please do not expect us, or another client in the class, to take responsibility for them.
- We believe in using positive reinforcement as the most effective way to train dogs. We do not allow dogs to be handled forcefully during our training. The use of punishment as a training method has been proven to create negative side effects in dogs and owners who are seen to use such handling methods will be asked to leave immediately and will not be offered a refund.
- We accept no responsibility for any damage to, theft of, or from your vehicle. Please do not leave valuables in your car and never leave dogs unattended in a vehicle.
- You are reminded that training sessions are held outdoors in the countryside. Terrain is uneven and slippery in places. There are also obstacles such as trees and low hanging branches to consider.
- By choosing to attend you agree to take full responsibility for your own safety, the safety of all parties accompanying you and the safety of your dog.
- We must be alerted to any behavioural problems prior to accepting a booking. No aggressive dogs are allowed at our training classes and any dogs deemed to be aggressive by the trainer will be asked to leave.
- You hereby agree, irrevocably and for no royalties or other compensation, to all and any use by Mark Taylor and/or Acer Gundogs Training Limited of any photos, videos or audio recordings taken during training sessions for the purpose of marketing on our company website, social media pages or for the purpose of demonstration videos, tutorials or other educational or informational material as may be produced and marketed from time to time. You understand that such material may be edited and used in whole or in part and displayed on the internet or made public for the purpose of promoting Acer Gundogs Training Limited.
Booking Procedure & Cancellation Rights
All new clients must complete and submit a Booking Form through our website: www.acerdogs.com
By submitting the Booking Form, you confirm that you have read and agree to these Terms & Conditions. Shortly after submitting the Booking Form you will receive an automatic email reply which contains links to the following documents:
- Joining Instructions (what to bring & how to find us)
- A further copy of these Terms & Conditions
Once your booking request has been received, you will receive an invoice from us which will include details of the service/s requested, the start date and time, together with BACS payment details. Payment is required within 24 hours of the invoice date, in order to complete your booking. If payment is not forthcoming within this time we reserve the right to cancel your booking request and release your place to another client.
Your rights as a consumer are covered by the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation & Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. In accordance with these regulations, our services are considered to be a ‘Leisure Activity’ which means you will not be entitled to a Cooling Off period.
By paying for the service/s included on your invoice you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
We have a strict limit on the number of dogs who can attend each group class. For this reason, your payment will reserve your place in the class for the duration of the payment period noted on your invoice. If you are unable to attend any classes within the payment period you agree to forfeit the session/s. We are obligated to still run the class in your absence and we cannot practically re-allocate your place for ad-hoc sessions to another paying client.
For this reason, no credit or refunds will be offered for group classes you do not attend.
Good Dog Programme, Puppy Programme & Individual Training Sessions
Cancellation: If you cancel at short notice, it is unlikely we will be able to re-book another client into the time slot we have specifically reserved for you. We therefore require 48 hours notice of cancellation, otherwise you agree to forfeit the full cost of your session.
From time to time we may advertise a discounted offer if you purchase a pre-paid block of Individual Training Sessions. This discount is only available for pre-purchase with full payment made in advance. All outstanding Individual Training Sessions in the block must be held within 90 days of the last session or they will expire. No refunds will be given for unused Individual Training Sessions offered as part of a block-booking discount.
- Our Good Dog Programme and Puppy Programme include a Home Visit & Consultation; this will last for up to 2 hours
- Individual Training Sessions, including those arranged as part of the Good Dog Programme will each last up to 45 minutes
- Where a discount is offered on the purchase of Group Classes following completion of the Good Dog Programme, this offer is valid for bookings made within 3 months of the date you book the Programme
- Gift vouchers can only be redeemed for the services listed on the voucher
- Gift vouchers are not exchangeable with cash or another voucher
- Individual Training Sessions must be pre-booked in advance and our standard 48 hour cancellation policy as above applies
- Group Classes must be pre-booked in blocks of 6 consecutive classes (subject to space) and our standard policy for any missed classes as above applies
- Any additional cost exceeding the value of this voucher will be paid by the redeemer
- This gift voucher will not be replaced when lost, damaged or stolen
- In the event of any dispute, the decision of Acer Gundog Training Limited is final
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions without prior notice
We reserve the right from time to time to change or amend these Terms & Conditions without notification.